Sunday, October 16, 2016

Which Is More Important; Politics Or My Relationship With God

  Somehow, during this particular election season, I am finding it easy to become distracted. It is way too easy to get wrapped up in politics and forget about the things that are important.

   I am an analytical type of person and I try to make everything fit into a logical equation. I find myself studying what the politicians are saying, what the media is saying, and how everyone is thinking on the issues of the day, yet, these issues are becoming more important to me than studying Scriptures.

    We can spend hours analyzing the whole political realm in every way possible, yet, miss the whole point of why we are here.

   I think it is time to go back to spending time with God and listening to what He says about life. I am not saying we should ignore what is going on in the elections or in politics, but I think we need to be careful to not become wrapped up in it.

   In life, something will always captivate us. God wants us to be captivated by Him. He wants us to build our relationship with Him, and not lose sight of who He is. I know for me, I need to pull back on the time I spend watching or listening to the news and concentrate on the things that are important.

    We can't do anything now about the elections. We have two candidates running and one of them will be elected to the office of president. We need to be praying for our country, and especially for our local churches. We need to be praying for the body of Christ in this country.

    If you are one to share the Gospel message with people, you will quickly see that there are other Gospels out there that are not the right one. They might not be blatantly wrong either. With the philosophy of our culture mixed with a weak Gospel, we have many confused on what God is saying to the church in this country.

   If our churches are healthy and the people are growing spiritually, it will be reflected in our society. But when there are people who will argue with you about how God is all loving and all forgiving while they sleep around or have an abortion, the church is not healthy. We need help. We need to turn to the true and living God on His terms, not on ours.

   This is why we need to be praying for our churches and for our country. God changes things when we pray. He will either change circumstances or He will change us, and we will become conformed to the image of Christ, which is beautiful in His sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment